Women's Sports Week 2016 3-9 October 2016
Two of the world's leading WomenSports brands (The Women's Sports Network & SofaDodger) are joining forces to support The Department of Culture Media & Sport in the UK with - @WomenSportsWeek. An opportunity for everybody involved with playing, delivering, leading or working in sport to celebrate, raise awareness and increase the profile of women’s sport across the UK. Various UK agencies supported by National Governing Bodies, Sky Sports, BBC, Sport England, Sport Scotland, Sport Wales are being joined by supporters from across the sport sector.
- WSNet & SofaDodger - offer access to over 50,000 #FemaleFriendly clubs & classes across the UK - run by National Governing Bodies, Commercial operators . . and most importantly ordinary women running local fitness clubs/classes in YOUR community. We don't endorse them but you can use and advertise on both ACTIVEMapX and / or SofaDodger for FREE..
- 'Motivational' or 'Empowering' videos - lots of them around showing what your club/school has been up to in encouraging more women/girls to get active - send us a link to yours and we will promote it in the month leading up to WSW2016 - email it to - firstname.lastname@example.org Here's an example ROLLERDERBY OR FOOTBALL
- FREE poster - print it and add the special WSW2016 events you are planning to promote them! Email email@example.com for a copy or download it here
- Register your #FemaleFriendly club or class on with either - or both for maximum coverage.
- Send us your promotional videos - e.g. 'ULTIMATE FUN at WARWICK UNI' to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keep up to-date on what's happening by following @WomenSportsWeek
- Check out highlights from the inaugural Women’s Sport Week 2015 byclicking HERE.
- If you're a school - why not offer a Mothers & Daughers' fitness or dance session?
- ACTIV8aFriend - offer your class members the chance to bring a friend along to TRY for FREE
- Uni? - open up freshers' week activity as part of @WomenSportsWeek
MAKE YOUR OWN POSTER - DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE HERE