Join BoroGirls and find your NETBALLMoJo
- Tees Valley Sport’s aim is to inject new life into the This Girl Can campaign by ACTIV8ing a Coach, This is a fun video which shows you hpw easy and satificying it can be by getting into coaching #NETBALL as volunteers - and help to grow your community with ACTIV8aFriend.
- “We wanted to raise awareness in women’s sport and to encourage more women to go into coaching no matter what their size.
- Tees Valley Sport worked closely with groups of women who have suffered from domestic violence or just low confidence to prove that anyone can find an activity they enjoy. The video shows women from across Teesside exercising in ways that feel comfortable for them.
- Netball coach Faye Summerhill appears at the beginning of the video. She said: “We got involved particularly because of the bad press the area is getting at the moment. “I don’t think there’s enough about the good stuff going on, it’s all negative. “The more women that get into sport, the more positive it will be for the area.”
WSNet HerMoJo programme supports the INF Creating Choices with NETBALLMoJo - more info:
- WSNet's work in Africa - HERE
- International Netball Federation - #CreatingChoices programme - HERE
- NETBALLMoJo - written by key contributors around the world is designed to help girls overcome many of the issues they face in both western and 'third world' communities starting out in netball.
- Order you copy here - www.wsnet.co.uk/netballmojo
International – we’re currently working to get NETBALLMoJo translated (into Zulu, Xhosa, Swahili etc.) and digitised. Keen to work with UK NGBs and International Federations to help get the ‘Empowerment through Sport’ message across. Digital editions can be distributed virtually free (e.g. 50 Rupees) and delivered directly, circumventing local (often misogynistic) prejudices – we believe that gives WSNet a unique momentum that can really change the lives of girls in both western and 'third world' countries. If you can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
Background to Women’s Sports Network
Is a self-funded, cooperative network of groups and individuals working independently as associates and part-time volunteers. It is a not-for-profit community approaching one hundred thousand worldwide. Crystallising the issues & coordinating opportunities around WomenSport & Fitness by working in partnership with commercial/NGBs/educational/Charity organisations to raise the profile of WomenSport & SportsWomen. Advocating better access to Sport/FITNess, alleviating gender-bias and empowering women & girls through sport & fitness in their everyday lives.
Follow @WSNTVi on Twitter for updates on ALL WSN-TV On-Screen programmes.Watch Live