WomenInLACROSSE - three UK-wide conferences
Present your views on WomenInLACROSSE at a series of small conferences in September to help spread the HerMoJo 'Empowerment through Sport' message to coaches, parents, teachers, players . . . and those girls hoping to take up and enjoy some of the lifelong benefits that playing lacrosse can bring.
Call for papers:
These events are planned for September 2018 in the following locations:
If you would like to present a paper or have a venue/clubhouse which might support an audience of between 70-100 delegates please get in touch.
There a list of potential topics below - but you may have subjects/experience which you feel should be aired as such a conference - please do make contact.
Each event agenda will vary somewhat so please feel free to offer propose your ideas/papers at any one of the locations.
- Sport v PE in schools – physical literacy, mobility, posture, confidence a fear of failure?
- The direction of International lacrosse – UK infrastructure & funding. Transitioning from school to international team.
- Schools’ Lacrosse – creating a top girls’ school team
- ‘Out’ in girls’ school sport
- Fitness training for women/girl lacrosse players – resistance v weight training? Mobility, Stability & Strength
- Menstruation – the issues and how to work around them. Period tracking apps.
- Body image, Apparel, anxiety and social media – what puts girls off sport?
- Coaching women/girls – what’s the difference? Approach, attitude and other factors.
- Hormone levels affect training and performance in female athletes
- Building robust athletes – mentally & physically - whilst achieving A levels
- Female Athlete Traid and REDS-S (nutrition, supplements, diet and overtraining)
- Breast health/Sports Bras/support
- Effective psychological interventions that promote psychological wellbeing and an effective management of stress while performing
- Diet, hydration, supplements, drugs – fuelling performance
All delegates will recive a free copy of LACROSSEMoJo - avialable to buy here - and we'll discount (by refund at the event) the price delegates pay at the event.
Please email jo.@wsnet.co.uk - with ideas and/or interest.