Women's Sport on TV
WSNet has supported the development of Women's Sport on TV for many years - and whilst there has been some expansion, it is still difficult to find the limited amount of women's sport on the 'popular' channels. Most ‘popular’ channels are (like BBCSport, SKY Eurosport etc) 'linear' in format - that means they are shown in a programmed, as opposed to LIVEStream or 'on-demand' format. WSNet has long researched and published findings of day-to-day programmes but now we have launched WSN-TVi. TVi is a single 'TVPlayer' location with a mix of TV programme listings on scheduled (Linear) channels plus LIVEStream events direct from the event organisers PLUS some selected 'interstitial' programming with on-demand services. All available on your smartphone . . . or PC!
How do I know what’s on?
To make it easier to keep up-to-date on what’s on screen via WSN-TVi - you can follow @WSNTVi on Twitter and we'll 'tweet' you an hour before each showing so you can watch - on your TV, smartphone, laptop or PC! Here: http://wsnet.co.uk/wsnews
Publish and be damned!
LIVE Streaming costs are falling and there are literally hundreds of small, commercial organisations operating 'outside' broadcast units (OBU) which can capture and stream your match or event. So if you were thinking of 'videoing' upcoming matches (and even charging for them) WSNet will redistribute, at no charge, to our 30,000 community (registered and on Twitter). Contact email@example.com for more information.
And don’t forget to follow @WSNTVi - for updates!
Trouble-shooting when watching LIVEStream events:
On the event broadcast page, you will find links through which you can watch the broadcast. Links are in two main types:
- Streams directly viewable in browser -such as You Tube in order to watch the stream you can use any browser that supports Adobe Flash.
- Streams viewable using external software - in order to open these streams you MAY have to install an additional freeware (download links are displayed below). YOU MAY BE OFFERED UPDATES OR FREE DOWNLOADS - THESE ARE NOT REQUIRED AND ARE ADVERTS - DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO DOWLOAD ANY SOFTWARE
Live streams are displayed as follow:
- Select the stream with the highest bitrate - you may also be asked to select 'langauge' where there are multiple streams. Click on the selected ARROW and wait for the advert to clear - you will see a message with 'time before advert disappears'.
- The bitrate represents the rate of the stream in kilobits per second. The higher the bitrate, the higher the quality of the stream. However, it is possible that streams with lower bitrate will be more fluent than those with a higher one.
- The play button gives you direct access to the broadcast. After pushing this button, a window of the specific program will open automatically and the broadcast will start shortly after that.