This Girl Can is a sassy celebration of active women everywhere and proves that whatever their size, ability or previous experience, sport can be a fun and enjoyable part of their lives. It is a national campaign, developed by Sport England and delivered in partnership with a wide range of organisations, to the persistent gender gap which means that more men play sport than women at every age - no matter how well they do it, how they look or even how red their face gets.
The Women's Sports Network was set up immediately before The London Olympics and has been supporting WomenSport for over three years through a range of FREE support services. It is a not-for-profit community of fifty thousand worldwide - crystallising the issues & coordinating opportunities around WomenSport & Fitness, working in partnership with commercial/NGBs/educational/Charity organisations to strengthen their 'position' to raise the profile of WomenSport & SportsWomen byoffering better access to Sport/FITness, alleviating gender-bias and empowering women & girls through Sport/FIT in their everyday lives.
- ThisGIRLCan - get ACTIVE - @ACTIVEMapX - www.wsnet.co.uk/activemapx
- ThisGIRLCan - get a JOB - @JOBSNetWORK - www.wsnet.co.uk/jobs
- ThisGIRLCan - watch women's sport on TV - WSN-TV - www.wsnet.co.uk/WSN-TV
- ThisGIRLCan - follow sports heroines, results & matches on line - TwingX SportsREPORTS - https://twitter.com/twing_uk
- ThisGIRLCan - get daily updates by following @WSNet on Twitter
- ThisGIRLCan - hit the R/T button below and tell her friends, family and followers!
And you can even CREATE your own local SPORT/FIT website for women - www.wsnet.co.uk/thisgirl - add our stuff to your website!